The key to finding the right locksmith
Aren’t sure what to look for when hiring a locksmith?
Who hasn’t found themselves in an awkward situation where they’ve locked themselves out? Or even more worrying, you’ve fired someone and they’ve taken their set of shop keys with them.
In these situations calling a locksmith is the first thing you’ll want to do. But if you’ve locked yourself out how do you find a legitimate locksmith?
Here are five things you need to consider to avoid being scammed:
- Always be careful. If a company doesn’t answer with their business name, or can’t provide their business’ legal name, go somewhere else.
- If, on arrival, the locksmith’s quote changes for no apparent reason do not allow the work to be carried out.
- If the locksmith is legitimate, they will arrive in a clearly marked vehicle.
- If locked out, be wary of a locksmith who insists on drilling or replacing a lock instead of simply unlocking the door
- Get an estimate before work starts: this includes emergency locksmith services.
How Shain’s Local Locksmith Brisbane can help you
When we arrive at your home or business, you’ll see our signage clearly displayed on the truck.
A part of the Locksmith Guild of Australia, Shain’s Local Locksmith offers free advice and quote so you know exactly what to expect. A fully licensed and accredited locksmith, we offer 24 hour locksmith services to Brisbane, Ipswich and surrounding areas.
The importance of contacting a licensed and accredited locksmith
Finding yourself locked out is always frustrating. But the thing to not do is let your frustration get the better of you. Contact a licensed, qualified locksmith who will find the easiest and the best way to help you get back into your home.
It may take a few more minutes to find a legitimate locksmith, but now with the internet, checking a locksmith’s qualifications has never been easier. And it could be the difference between a lock being opened and having to replace a lock because the person you hired insisted your lock had to be drilled.
Depending on the lock, most professional locksmiths should be capable of unlocking any door without damaging it.
If you’re looking for a locksmith in Brisbane, you should talk with Shain’s Local Locksmith. We service Brisbane, Ipswich and the surrounding suburbs. To find out more, contact us or call us on 0425 837 511.